Earlier today I swore-in the newly elected chairmen and vice chairmen of the 18 local government councils of Cross River State (Gov Ben Ayade

Subscribe Us

Earlier today I swore-in the newly elected chairmen and vice chairmen of the 18 local government councils of Cross River State (Gov Ben Ayade

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and indoorImage may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor




Earlier today I swore-in the newly elected chairmen and vice chairmen of the 18 local government councils of Cross River State.

The event took place at the State Executive Chamber of the Governor’s office, Calabar.

I urged the council Chairmen to avoid unnecessary trips outside their councils, harping on the need for them to stay back home and work for their people.

I disclosed that my administration has left behind for the newly elected chairmen, N11.386 billion as take off fund, so they have no reason not to perform.

I am also giving them councils that are not owing salaries, not owing pension.

Today marks a great opportunity for the people at the grassroots who have never had direct access to government, to feel the impact of government.

I further implored them not to engage in grandiose projects but concentrate on simple projects that directly impact on the lives of the people.

I advised the chairmen to work harmoniously with their Councillors so as to effectively serve the people.

I also urged them to reside in their respective local government areas so as to be abreast of the needs of their people.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

.

{ padding: 25px; background-color: white; color: black; font-size: 25px; } .dark-mode { background-color: black; color: white; }